Not only do drones offer efficiency in a wide range of different industries, but they can also save you a great amount of time, money and effort as well as eliminating health and safety risks.
Surveying solar panels and accessing wind turbines is time consuming and dangerous, however drones make it possible to inspect and survey solar panels and wind farms in a non-contact, non-destructive and safe way. Using large-scale solar facility operators means increased time and expense, which as a result will also affect the competitive pricing of solar energy. Using drones to inspect solar and wind farms is an innovative way to ensure solar panels and wind turbines are working as they should, are clean and also allows for any important data collection.
All of our drone pilots are also granted permission by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and each operation carries a minimum £1million insurance. We use high quality commercial drones and high resolution thermal and visual cameras to inspect and survey solar and wind farms.
Using Drones for Solar Panel and Wind Turbine Inspections
A drone flown by one of our fully qualified pilots can be used to inspect solar panels and turbines on wind farms using aerial thermal and visual imaging to identify whether or not there are any problems to be aware of. These issues can then be efficiently dealt with at a low cost, in a short amount of time with reduced health and safety risks.
What Are the Benefits of Using Drones for Solar and Wind Turbine Inspections?
“Quicker, Cheaper, Safer!”
- Reduces operators time being spent inspecting large scale solar farms and identifying any issues
- Less down time for wind turbines due to shorter inspection periods
- Efficient and safe
- Saves money
- Incredibly accurate
- Collects data
- Limits health and safety risks
- Non-contact and non-destructive
- Identify Module faults such as Hot spot on the cells, diode failures and dirty modules
- Identify String and System faults such as wiring issues, inverter and fuse failures
- Racking and balance of systems; issues with how modules are mounted
- Spotting major site issues such as vegetation management and poor drainage
- Ideal for warranty claims
- Access to difficult to reach or dangerous areas/locations
- Minimal interference – business can carry on as normal, nothing needs to close simply identify a takeoff and landing area for the drone
- Inspection time of wind turbines can be reduced by up to 70% in comparison to traditional inspection work
- Equipment downtime is reduced due to the speed of drone inspections
- Helps enhance the operation and maintenance of solar farms
If you’re interested in trialling our drone solar inspection services to benefit your business, or want to know more about mapping services then please get in touch, we would love to help!
Call us on 0142236933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.